Friday, September 3, 2021

Sunny Friday in Lockdown

 Morena koutou,

Here are some things you could do today:

Say the class karakia:

E tu tatou mo te Karakia timatanga

Opening Karakia

E ngā uri a Tane

Ngā manu o te whenua

O te rangi

O te ngahere

O ngā awa

O te takutai

Mā ā koutou korokī

Ka rongo mātou

Te Ira Tangata

Te ahua o te rangi

E heke mai nei

Kia whai ora mai mātou

Haumi e, hui e, taiki e!



Read and illustrate the poem of the day:


Open a Book

Open a book

And you will find,

People and places of every kind;

Open a book

And you can be,

Anything you want to be;

Open a book

And you can share,

Wondrous words you find in there

Open a book

And I will too,

You read to me,

And I’ll read to you!


Waiata:


Sing along with the Rangi and papa song:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZd8DAU9_ts&ab_channel=GrantShearer


Sing along with Pete the Cat:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2uMKNabQw&ab_channel=MyEzyPzy


Write a story. Here is a story starter for you. Use your imagination to draw a picture then write what happens next.....


... I was nearly asleep in bed when I heard a strange sound outside. I crept quietly  to the window and peered around the curtains.  I couldn't believe my eyes! Outside my window was .......



No comments:

Post a Comment